My Favorite Macaroni Salad EVER! (TNT)

My Favorite Macaroni Salad EVER! (TNT)

This is my now favorite pasta salad on the planet! Who knew something this simple and easy to put together could taste so good and feel so comfy (this is definitely "comfort" food so far as I'm concerned)! :-)

Ingredients:

3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup diced ham pieces
4 or 5 cooked bacon pieces, crumbled into small bits
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 TBS chopped celery
2 TBS shredded carrot
2 TBS chopped sweet onion (or green onion will work, too!)
2 TBS chopped roasted sweet peppers
6 TBS mayonnaise
6 TBS sour cream
1/2 TBS Dijon Mustard (or to taste)
1/4 tsp onion powder (or to taste)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/8 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)

Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions, drain then rinse in cold water, and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine ham, bacon, cheese, celery, carrot, onion, and peppers. 

In a another bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, Dijon mustard, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper. Mix well, pour over salad and stir well to coat. 

Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready to serve.

Gail's Notes: This is so tasty and so easy to prepare! And I'm really glad I discovered that mixing mayo and sour cream together can make an amazing salad dressing starter! Talk about yummy! Oh, and I used Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar in this and trust me, it's adds the perfect "kick" to this salad! Love it!!! 

PS: You can use regular mustard or just leave it out altogether, but I like the "zing" it adds to the flavor of this salad so I always use Dijon mustard.

Popular posts from this blog

Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing (TNT/Gail's Version)

Schnucks St. Louis Salad (TNT)

Wolfgang Puck's Shrimp With Mustard (TNT)