Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing (TNT/Gail's Version)



Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing (TNT/Copycat Recipe)

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Balsamic Glaze (optional; De Nigris is the brand I use)
1 oz Water
1/2 Package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix (roughly 1 TBS)

Heat vinegar and water. Add sugar to dissolve. Let cool (I put mine in the freezer for about 15 minutes--worked just fine to cool it down).  Once it is cool, add the olive oil, balsamic glaze (optional), and dressing mix.  Shake well and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.

Gail's Notes:  This is my version of Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing that I just made and it is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! It is based on a recipe found here.  Note that I cut the ingredients in half (from the original recipe) because I wanted to make sure it tastes as good as it looks and man, it really does taste like Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing!  I will definitely keep this recipe handy (as I use Zia's dressing for cooking as well as for salads).

Add'l Note:  To double this recipe, use the amounts shown below, then simply follow the directions above.  Enjoy! 


1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 cup Olive Oil
1 tbs Balsamic Glaze (optional)
1/4 cup Water
1 Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schnucks St. Louis Salad (TNT)

Wolfgang Puck's Shrimp With Mustard (TNT)