Chunky Veggie Slaw (TNT)

I made this veggie salad to take to our Easter dinner.  While I am not crazy about it, it's "okay".  I wish now I had made my Mom's potato salad instead (which is what I usually make and gets a lot of smiles when I do).  I ended up adding a bit of Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing to this and it did help give it a bit more flavor (more "zing", so to speak) but all in all, it's just not as good as I had hoped (so I doubt I'll make this again).

Chunky Veggie Slaw (TNT)
(Taste of Home)

The classic coleslaw with cabbage gets a fresh approach when you add broccoli, cucumbers, snap peas and crunchy walnuts. — Nicholas King, Duluth, Minnesota

Ingredients:
    1 small head cabbage, chopped
    6 cups (1-1/2 pounds) fresh broccoli florets
    1 medium cucumber, chopped
    2 celery ribs, sliced
    12 fresh sugar snap peas, halved
    1 small green pepper, chopped
    3/4 cup buttermilk
    1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
    2 green onions, thinly sliced

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with walnuts and green onions. Refrigerate leftovers.

Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zia's Sweet Italian Dressing (TNT/Gail's Version)

Schnucks St. Louis Salad (TNT)

Wolfgang Puck's Shrimp With Mustard (TNT)